Monday, May 03, 2010

Waiting at tables.....

I have put on the waiter jacket and it fits me like a glove.

I sometimes wonder if I should have been a host rather than a chef. When I left hotellerie school, I decided to spend some times in kitchens. I was told that in order to be an excellent restaurant manager, you should be an excellent cook. So I embarked on a chef's journey and never looked back.
Only last year, when we took over Voyageur Nissart in Nice, did I start working in the dining room again . I just loved it!

Welcoming customers , taking their orders, making sure that their experience was worth what they were paying for...

But my favourite part was to explain dishes! I got into very detailed explanation of recipes;
I was purposely using very technical terms and was always giving them tips on Nicoise cuisine. Some were puzzled by the extend of the details; other were fascinated; no one knew I was a chef!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Veganisteria 111

Deep Problem If there was one thing that has seriously amazed me since becoming a vegan chef is the fact that I am still not connected ...